Amazing Things Await You
Thank you for your interest in Ilan Ramon Day School. I am so pleased to know that you are considering Ilan Ramon for your child. From our Early Childhood Education program (ECE) through the 5th grade, exciting things happen here everyday! Each individual child is challenged by our supportive faculty to fulfill his or her potential in stimulating and nurturing classroom settings.
Ilan Ramon is an independent community day school devoted to developing understanding and respect for our tradition, and the divergent modes of Jewish belief and practice. Fundamental to our school philosophy is the development of each individual learner to his/her highest potential in both general and Judaic Studies thereby enabling each student to attain a positive Jewish identification, sound self-esteem, and a love for learning.
Our school is a community in every sense of the word. We teach by example how to respect peoples’ differences, to care for others, and to help those in need. Self esteem, respect, community service, mitzvoth (good deeds) are every bit as important as the challenging academic studies that fill our students’ days. Ilan Ramon, previously known as Heschel West, was a 2008 National Blue Ribbon award winning school. Our students’ scores are in the top 10% of the nation.
- Programs for preschool through 5th grade; preschool begins at age 2
- Ilan Ramon welcomes ALL families. Our community has families whose religious affiliations range from mixed religious backgrounds to modern orthodox on the spectrum. We teach respect for the DIFFERENCES in people and that there is not one right way to celebrate who you are.
- Average teacher to student ratio in preschool is 1 : 6
In Elementary school it is 1 : 12
Small group instruction in core academics so each student’s needs are met
- As Heschel West in 2008 A National Blue Ribbon School- Our students score in the top 10% of the nation’s schools in both Mathematics and Language Arts.
- Whole Child approach – focus on social, emotional, physical, spiritual, and academic growth.
- Specialists and enriched curriculum:
a. 2 music specialists – general studies and Judaic studies music
b. Science Lab – 1st – 5th – all hands on science with labs, experiments, building and creating.
c. Math Lab for high level math – grades 3 – 5
d. Computer Lab – Kindergraten – 5th
e. P.E. with fully accredited physical education program for TK – 5th
f. Art Specialist and Art Docent program
- Hebrew and Judaic studies integrated into every day. No need for afterschool Hebrew or Jewish study classes
- Enrichment classes until 4:30 or 5:00 pm
Classes like: yoga, chess, dance, music, martial arts and more
- Heschel West began in 1994