Dear Parents, Guardians, and Students of Ilan Ramon Day School,
I hope that this letter finds you well. I would like to encourage you and your student to continue with Physical Education at home in order to keep healthy and happy minds and bodies. I have established a few goals to ensure that your child will have an excellent distance learning Physical Education experience. As part of your child’s PE program, I hope that the activities created will provide:
- ❖ Cardiovascular (heart) health and muscular strength through dynamic activity.
- ❖ Physical and emotional health during participation in individual activities (or cooperative, if done
with other family members).
- ❖ Self-esteem building through responsible behavior, cooperation and competition.
- ❖ Coordination, sports skills, and lifetime activities.
My goal is to continue to develop a positive attitude about lifetime physical fitness and health. Units and lessons are carefully planned so that each child experiences a developmentally appropriate physical education. Aside from planned lessons, I encourage you and your child to participate in physical activity together, whether it be taking short walks or bike rides together in non-crowded areas, playing a game like jump rope or catch in the backyard, or trying a GoNoodle video in the comfort of your living room.
For PE, your child’s responsibilities will be:
- ❖ Participation – Always does their best and listens attentively to directions given by me or by the parent.
- ❖ Effort – Plays or participates to the best of their ability each day!
- ❖ Consistency – Make physical activity a part of their day, everyday!
- ❖ Dress – Wears appropriate clothing for activity and exercise.
I hope you will find the lessons and activities posted helpful to maintaining a healthy and happy child. Please take care, stay safe and healthy, and we hope to see all of our students, back on campus, soon.